Operations Manager, Part-Time
Operation Walk Maryland provides free joint replacement and surgical training to vulnerable populations suffering from joint diseases, both “around the world” and “around the corner.” Through its surgical missions, Operation Walk aims to improve the quality of life for patients, strengthen their communities, and to empower local providers for long-term sustainable impact.
While Operation Walk Maryland has achieved much success over the last ten years as a volunteer-run organization, there is a strong desire to scale operations in order to maximize impact.
Operation Walk Maryland seeks an experienced Operations Manager to manage and execute on critical program and development-related activities. The Operations Manager will support the programs team in preparing for surgical missions, development efforts to meet fundraising goals, and operational activities to ensure organizational effectiveness. The Operations Manager will work under a Senior Director, who reports to the Executive Director.
Program Support Includes:
- Scheduling, planning, and coordinating logistics for surgical missions
- Managing equipment inventory, supply needs and material resources.
- Supporting collaborative and joint efforts with other organizations.
- Managing organizational project calendar and meeting schedules.
- Other support as needed.
Development & Fundraising Support Includes
- Event planning and preparation for fundraising events, including logistical support, travel, AV and other vendor relationships.
- Supporting the leadership team in communications efforts including media engagement, social media penetration, production of publications, etc.
- Implementing marketing and communications campaigns to build program recognition including: social media, email marketing, and direct outreach through phone and individual meetings. Assist with the design and drafting of marketing materials.
- Supporting Project’s use of NeonCRM contact management software for donor management and communications.
- Foundation research and proposal production support.
- Cultivating relationships with corporate sponsors.
- Grant report production, including tracking advancement, delivery and follow-up.
Operations Support Includes
- Managing relationships with IT partners, website designers/hosts and other technology providers to ensure smooth and continuous operations.
- Maintaining organizational documents, policies, board meeting minutes, reports and other resources.
- Providing support for the leadership team and key advisors.
- Conducting reviews of operations to measure effectiveness and outcomes.
Job Qualifications include:
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ work experience in operations or project management.
- Exceptional time management, planning, organizational, prioritization and communications skills.
- Proven experience as Operations Manager required.
- Experience in development and fundraising is desired.
- Experience in grant writing is a plus.
- Experience in social media is a plus.
Skills/Attributes for Success
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Database management skills with CRM experience.
- Strong leadership, writing, editing and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask with rigorous attention to detail.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficient scheduling management.
- Energetic and adaptable self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
Hours: This is a part-time role, with an expectation of 20 hours per week. 60% of this time is expected to be during M-F 9am-5pm.
Hourly Rate: $18-20/hr, depending on experience.
Location: This role is primarily remote, but will require some face-to-face meetings in the Baltimore, MD area. Preference will be given to candidates in the DC, MD, VA area.
Subject Line: Part-Time Operations Manager.
Operation Walk Maryland is a non-profit 501c (3) organization headquartered in Brooklandville, Maryland.